Follow Me

Follow Me!

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Long Tailed Tits



These are my favourite of the Tit family, They always remind me of the lollypops that Kojak sucked.
There is no visible way of telling Male from Female as far as I am aware, they usually lay between 8 to 12 eggs, I don't know the hatching and fledging times.

                                                                 A lovely pair of Tits

Long Tailed Tits usualy patrol an area  in groups, they can often be seen moving up and down a row of trees looking for insects.

       






This one is a Fledgling, I just LOVE the look of it's face, Kind of looks like it's been up boozing all night, I had many a day in my younger years when I resembled this. :) lol



Thus far, I have only managed to photograph the Blue Tit, Great Tit and these little darlings, however we also have Bearded Tits, Penduline Tits (rarely spotted), Coal Tits, Crested Tits, Marsh Tits and Willow Tits. I much prefer our name for them over the American name of 'Chickadee', For a start, how many American Guys can get away with telling the missus 'I'm off out to photograph Tits'?

 I remember posting an album some years ago containing photos of the Great Tit family that were living in our nest box, Within 24 hours of posting it  there were in excess of 30,000 hits, At first I was amazed at the number of bird lovers that had seen my album, but then the realisation dawned.. Just naming the album 'Great Tits' was not the smartest of titles! lol  (30,000 dissapointed Guys I guess!)




2 comments:

  1. LOL! I know the American in me cringes. But I sure do love your pics and narration. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to start a blog. I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete